How do I enable cookies?
If you're not using a local network (from school, work, etc.,) but are using a personal computer from home, you'll need to set your browser to accept cookies from the URL's that VoiceThread uses to access its features. The URL's are:
- http://d25wzyo6b5ic8t.cloudfront.net (for browsing content)
- https://d25wzyo6b5ic8t.cloudfront.net (for browsing content)
- http://prod-streams-vt.s3.amazonaws.com/ (for playback of recordings)
- https://prod-streams-vt.s3.amazonaws.com/ (for playback of recordings)
- http://prod-export-vt.s3.amazonaws.com/ (for exporting)
- https://prod-export-vt.s3.amazonaws.com/ (for exporting)
You will also need to accept cookies from the VoiceThread domain you are using. Please use the domain that applies to you:
Please look for the operating system (Windows, MacOS) and browser type that you're using to access VoiceThread (FireFox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Opera, Google Chrome), and follow the steps provided.
How to enable cookies for your browser
Internet Explorer for Windows
To allow all cookies:
- Click the Tools menu and choose Internet Options.
- Click the tab labeled Privacy.
- Under Settings, move the slider to the bottom to allow all cookies.
- Click OK.
To allow only the sites above:
- Under the Privacy tab, slide the slider to the middle so it's neither blocking nor allowing any sites.
- Click Sites.
- In the Address of website box, type a website address, and then click Allow
- Move the slider back to its original position.
Firefox for Windows and Mac OS X
- Open the settings window:
- For Windows: Click the Tools menu, and then click Options.
- For Mac OS X: Click the Firefox menu, then click Preferences.
Safari for Mac OS X
- Click the Safari menu and choose Preferences.
- Click the icon labeled Privacy.
- Set the option labeled Block Cookies: to Never.
- Close the window.
Google Chrome for Windows and Mac OS X
- Click on the menu button to the far right of the address bar.
- Select Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings near the bottom of the page.
- Click on the Content settings... button under the Privacy section.
- Select Allow local data to be set.
- Click OK.